Amex files metaverse-related trademark applications
American Express has filed trademark applications to register its name, logo, and slogans for a range of banking services in the metaverse.
AMEX GREEN CARD RETENTION OFFER 2022!
The $150 annual fee on my American Express Green Card posted! Since some benefits overlap with the Amex Platinum Card, I decided to ask for a retention offer. Here’s what happened! Click “Show More” to see Ad Disclosure.
MAXREWARDS – Manage credit cards & rewards!
Get Gold level for free with PROMO CODE = markr
VIEW CREDIT CARD OFFERS!
RAKUTEN – Earn Cash Back!
‼️ GET FREE STOCKS FROM WEBULL when you open an account & deposit $100:
– American Express Green Card
– Date Opened: 12.31.2018
– Annual Fee: $150
– 2020: $4,124.60
– 2021: $8,256.08
THE CHAT SUMMARY
– Rep: What types of benefits are most valuable to you?
– Me: Rewards that provide good value for cash back primarily & travel secondarily, as well as elite benefits with airlines & hotels. If an annual fee is involved, then I need to see benefits or credits that can help me make sense of paying that fee.
– Rep: Green Card earns 3X at worldwide restaurants, including takeout and delivery services like Postmates, as well as on travel and transit. Plus, you receive travel benefits. If you spend $5K annually in those categories, you can earn 15,000 Membership Rewards points worth up to $150 towards gift cards.
– Me: Unfortunately, the goal isn’t to break even; there are other cards that earn 3X – 5X points with no annual fee to destroy the value earned.
– Rep: Do you use U.S. Streaming subscriptions?
– Me: I do…Audible
– Rep: In that case I’d like to offer this: Earn up to a total of $100 in statement credits over the next 6 months, starting today, after you use your card to pay directly for select U.S. Streaming Subscriptions and eligible U.S. Wireless Telephone Services charges.
– Me: I already have streaming covered with my Amex Platinum Card. Any other offers?
– Rep: Yes. You can earn a $100 statement credit after spending $1,500 or more in purchases within 3 months.
– Me: Does “eligible U.S. Wireless Telephone Services” include my monthly Verizon phone bill?
– Rep: Yes.
– Me: I’ll take the streaming / wireless offer.
LINK TO AMEX REWARDS CATEGORIES (What Counts, What Doesn’t)
– Statement Credits: Earn up to a total of $100 in statement credits over the next 6 months after you use your card to pay directly for select U.S. Streaming Subscriptions and eligible U.S. Wireless Telephone Services charges.
– Spend Requirement: Cost of monthly streaming and/or phone bill
– Previous Retention Offers: Yes. In 2020 I received 12,500 Membership Rewards points. In 2021, I received no offer.
When you have credit cards with annual fees, make sure you get more value from them than they cost you, which can be in the form of rewards, credits, perks & benefits, insurance protections, etc.
A lot of American Express credit cards & charge cards do have annual fees, so each year I recommend reviewing the value you get to determine if a given card is a keeper or not.
Before you cancel a credit card, see if there are downgrade paths to take. Many banks will allow you to convert 1 card product to another, which could mean moving from a card WITH an annual fee to one WITHOUT an annual fee (and typically preserve your payment history, account age, credit limit, and account number).
And of course, you can request a retention offer as well as I did in this video. If you go with this route, be sure to keep your credit card open for at least 1 full year from the time the offer is added to your account. This is to (a) stay in good standing with the bank and (b) to avoid the chance of the bank taking the offer back – or worse, freezing / canceling your account.
Good luck on your Amex retention offer!
Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available. Mark Reese is not a financial advisor.
#amexgreencard #americanexpress #amexretentionoffer
Extremely Uncommon AMEX DataPoints! MUST WATCH | American Express Credit Intel
In this video I cover some very uncommon if not unknown American Express data points to help you with your credit journey. Comment below and share!
// SUPPORT THE CHANNEL ( & get something back) ❤️
Click the join button if you want early access, exclusive videos and more with the Wallet Monkey Club!
Patreon (support me directly):
Signup for Divvy and we both get $200 Visa card:
We both get $100 if you’re approved for a Discover Card:
We both get $100 if you’re approved for CapitalOne Card:
Get 1 Free Stock on Robinhood w/ any deposit:
Get $10 in free BTC on Coinbase w/ $100 deposit:
Earn 70,000 Bonus miles after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in first 3 months of Card Membership If approved:
// CREDIT RESOURCES
Complete List of Credit Profile & Banking Resources:
Master Credit Card Lender List:
Master Lender List For Store Credit Cards:
Master List of Pre-qual Offers:
For business enquiries please contact: [email protected]
#creditgame #walletmonkey #personalfinance #techcards
American Express Apply With Confidence | American Express
American Express is piloting a new application experience for its U.S. Personal Cards to help consumers apply with confidence.
Learn more at: https://AmericanExpress.com/Businesscards Terms Apply.
» Subscribe to the Amex YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/SubscribeAMEX
About: American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to charge and credit cards, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Get up close to the passionate lives of rising artists, a new wave of entrepreneurs, and everyday people. Join us for everyday inspiration on the official American Express YouTube channel.
More from American Express!
American Express Apply With Confidence | American Express
Will Mastercard’s metaverse venture revolutionise the virtual economy?
Leading payment firm Mastercard is well on its way to cash in on the Metaverse and NFT wave. On 4 April, the company filed for 15 NFT and metaverse-related trademark applications with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Tune in to stay #METAVERSED.
#Mastercard #payment #DeFi #metaverse #metaverseinvesting #NFTs #creditcards #debitcards
To get more updates about Australia, NZ, UK, Canada and US stock market news, investors education & insights, subscribe our channel at https://bit.ly/3cHKioy
Check out our media Website https://kalkinemedia.com/au
Follow us and stay updated on the Go with the Market Charter
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kalkineau/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/kalkineau
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/4829818